Well, after eleven hours of driving, two tanks of gas (take that Al Gore), and one speeding ticket for doing 85 in a 70 (the equivelent of 140 in a 110) we are safely in Grand Forks, ND. My goodness, I hate the USA though.
The guy that pulled me over was very nice, I didn't really think he was going to give me the ticket. Considering my speed I'm not really surprised he did, but he was perfectly civil. And 85$ for 25kph over is pretty cheap.
when i was driving across the continent with my hippies, my guy-hippie got stopped by an idiot-trooper. he only got a warning (thank goodness cuz i would have been putting up the cash or leaving guy-hippie behind) but the guy was a totally rude, ignorant american.
i'll be coming into canada 2x in july and august, so i'll have to stop at the duty free and share the goods!
7 comments:
give the states 3 weeks and it'll start to grow on you ...
can't troopers be pricks?
The guy that pulled me over was very nice, I didn't really think he was going to give me the ticket. Considering my speed I'm not really surprised he did, but he was perfectly civil. And 85$ for 25kph over is pretty cheap.
yeah, he was actually really nice. it was the guy at the border crossing that i didn't like.
Bring back some booze and Marlboro's!
We came back monday so it's a little late for that.
when i was driving across the continent with my hippies, my guy-hippie got stopped by an idiot-trooper. he only got a warning (thank goodness cuz i would have been putting up the cash or leaving guy-hippie behind) but the guy was a totally rude, ignorant american.
i'll be coming into canada 2x in july and august, so i'll have to stop at the duty free and share the goods!
Post a Comment