A word to those that might be wondering, the new Metallica album is great. Some audiophiles are complaining it's been polished to the point of blurring the edges, but at the end of the day it's good ol'Metallica. No St. Anger self help crap, just enough Load/Reload to make it sound mature, and enough solos and long enough songs to make it feel like good "old fashioned" Metallica.
Oh yeah, Rob's better than Jason.
6 comments:
That tears it. I've long enjoyed Metallica (even saw them when they came to Saskatoon a few years back), but I've never owned an album. I've always wanted one, and decided just recently to actually buy one. But, being frugal, I could only justify buying one album, but have been unable to decide which one. I don't know if this makes my decision any easier, but it gives me more resolve.
I'd say buy this one. It just seems to me to be the best combination of all that's good about Metallica. There have been a few complaints about the over compressed audio quality, but put it on your MP3 player, put on a nice set of 'phones, and you're golden.
Done and done. Ahhhh. Nice and chunky, and I agree with the nice work done by Trujillo. The boys are back in fine form, but what da heck is with the album jacket!? I can only read part of the lyrics.
Next is the Black Album, then maybe Reload after that. But I will try to track down used versions of those (though the only used versions available for sell are probably from some Christian who got rid of all their non-Christian music, b/c, really, who'd get rid of #5?).
I'd say go Justice before the Black Album. Personal preference is all.
be eco-friendly. get digital from Walmart.com (only .88 per song)
Don't be eco-friendly, buy the CD or Vinyl album at a real record store (not Wal Mart or Superstore or some other megastore), and shoot a polar bear on the way home for good measure. That way you don't get screwed out of sound quality (most music downloads you pay for are a third of the quality of a CD or Vinyl) and buying it won't be the worst thing you do to the natural world that day.
Post a Comment