21.10.09

Last night I watched the second Transformers movie (again.) When it came out in theaters, a lot of "reviewers" panned it because it lacked a good storyline, it had horrible over the top acting, and it was just an excuse to have a bunch of big pointless robot fight scenes. Well yes, that is exactly the point. When I played with Transformers as a kid or watched the cartoon I never thought it would be better if the writing were better or my ability to develop a carefully constructed personality for each of my toys was more advanced. No, what I thought was I can't wait until we get to the part where the one giant robot kicks the crap out of the other giant robot. That's what both Transformers movies are; some very cool, very big, brilliantly visualized robots from my childhood come to life on the screen doing what they were always meant to do. Kick the shit out of each other!

1 comment:

Wade said...

Exactly! And chicks don't get that.